Food 4 Thought
Nearly one-fourth of District 54 students qualify for the federal free lunch program. Although District 54 receives state and federal funds for the lunch program, schools that want to offer breakfast programs to our students in need must raise the money on their own. The D54 Foundation is currently funding breakfast programs at 19 schools for nearly 1,600 eligible students.
The D54 Foundation has committed to raising $280,000 to fund breakfast programs at all District 54 schools to ensure that students begin their day ready to learn. You can help by donating to the Foundation’s Food 4 Thought program.
Donations of any size to Food 4 Thought have a direct impact on students’ lives. It costs just $1 a day, or $5 a week, to provide a healthy breakfast to a student; a $200 donation provides breakfast to a child for a full school year. Businesses/corporations and individuals can also sponsor an entire school for a full year with a donation of $10,000.
Click here to download the Food 4 Thought flyer and donation form. You can also click here to make a secure online donation. For more information, call Jennie Waldorf at (847) 357-5038 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Woodfield Area Children’s Organization (WACO) – Addams Junior High School
- Chick-fil-A – Eisenhower Junior High School
- Schaumburg Park Foundation – Aldrin Elementary School
- Schaumburg-Hoffman Estates Rotary – Keller Junior High School
- Schaumburg AM Rotary – Lakeview Elementary School
- District 54 employees through payroll deduction – Einstein Elementary School